How Experts Designed the AlgaeHUB 2.0
Design and Infrastructure is a vital stage in the expansion of the AlgaeHUB, as it involves evaluating the existing facilities, determining the necessary spaces and infrastructure, and designing the new facility to better serve our clients’ needs.
The evaluation of current facilities is conducted to understand their strengths, limitations, and potential areas of improvement. This assessment helps inform the necessary changes and expansions needed for the AlgaeHUB’s growth.
During the design phase, careful consideration is given to laboratory equipment, industrial-scale photobioreactors (PBRs), permits, and up and downstream processing rooms. Collaboration ensures the new AlgaeHUB is designed to optimize productivity, efficiency, and safety. Factors such as spatial layout, equipment placement, workflow optimization, and adherence to industrial standards standards are taken into account. These insights are also used during the facility setup of cliënts.
The new AlgeaHUB Is designed with the following in mind:
- More than doubling culture volume from 30 m3to 85 m3
- Integrated Upstream and downstream unit operations
- Fully controlled indoor entos-45 photobioreactor with integrated LED mounting.
- Full control, nutrient dosing, artificial intelligence automation, industry 4.0
- Fully dedicated seed train for scaling upcultures for production or derisking activities.
- Expansion in the number of research systems, for Lab and pilot scale research activities:
- 5X Lab-25, 1X Lab-275, 4X Pilot-925, Pilot-1700 and Pilot-3450, Entos-45.
- HAACP in place in preparation for further certifications.
- High care DSP room with Lgem DSP unit and flexible slots for validating your process at an industrial scale.
- Fully automated nutrient station, including water and nutrient recycling at scale.